Sunday, July 20, 2008

CAMBODIA: before I tell stories...

I am still trying to process everything I learned and experienced in Cambodia. I met so many amazing people and connected with a lot of organizations that are all doing a lot of great things. I have to be honest though it was pretty overwhelming and discouraging to see the massive size of this issue, and that is just in one country. And to know this is going on in the entire world, in every city.

I am still overwhelmed, but so comforted and confident that Jesus is leading the way and He is a God that can handle this, we just have to trust Him and follow Him and that is all I need to know to join His fight against modern day slavery (human trafficking).

There are many stories and even more pictures to share. I actually stopped taking pictures after awhile because I wanted to truly experience every moment and not be worried about getting the best picture. And I wanted to protect the privacy and dignity of the Cambodian people and especially the sex trafficking survivors we met with.

No comments: