Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How to support us and get involved...

Prayer Warriors
We need constant prayer for safety, wisdom and guidance from the Lord. The work we are doing is dangerous and are willing to put our lives in danger to do God’s work. It is work that no other ministry, here in the U.S. has done before (that we know of). We need true and committed prayer warriors, to join us. I will probably send out specific prayer request emails to those interested...let me know if you are interested.

Financial Support

I need people to commit to supporting me on a monthly basis in order to pay my salary... Though asking for money has terrified me for a long time, I am extremely excited about the opportunity to ask you for money…
I understand now that while I am raising "support," I am also raising awareness AND I am able to offer others the opportunity to be a part of this…to join Jesus in His battle against modern-day slavery! This is not my sole responsibility or just my ministry; it is OUR responsibility and HIS ministry! So I am not afraid to ask for money and I am not afraid to live on what God provides. I know I will learn a whole new meaning of what I “need” but I also know I will finally have the opportunity to truly trust that God will provide through others. Don’t feel pressured to give, but if you want to be a part of this you can donate as little or as much as you want to in a one-time donation or monthly pledge...I do need financial support immediately…my last day with a pay check is September 30th.
Just $10/month would help me so much: My rent is only $320, so if 32 people pledged to give $10/month, my rent is paid for!
*For a donation form, please email me at mkw304@yahoo.com

Volunteers
We are looking for volunteers: individuals, church groups, organizations, networks of people to fill our community center with services and activities for the future trafficking survivors, refugee families, and the urban poor…who are my new friends and family! We are able to offer a venue and just need groups and individuals willing to take ownership of services and come provide them. For example: ESL classes, computer training, job skills training, day care, fun activities and events, etc. Please let me know how you and your own networks want to get involved.

Come and See…
Additionally, I would love to show you in person what we are doing, or meet with you to share more details, dreams and desires. Please contact me if you are interested in visiting or talking with me in more detail about our ministry.

Thank you for your support!

Update:
I did get a laptop and bike rack, THANK YOU!!! I still need a Sprint phone with a full keyboard and internet access if anyone has an old phone to donate....thanks!

2 comments:

Jonibek said...

I'm so pumped about what you gals are doing! It's a Hebrews 11 life y'all are pursuing!

I'd love to meet up and see what the organization is doing firsthand sometime!

Jonibek said...

PS: I'm praying for you all!