I was talking to my mom last night and we agreed, Fall is normally our favorite season, but this year SPRING has been so much FUN! The trees and flowers are blooming, our plants are green, and the fruits and vegetables are delicious! I am loving this time of year for so many reasons...
My cousin Briana came in town during March and all my neighbors fell in love with her!
We attended the Burundi-African church service at Northwest Bible! Sooooo much fun!
Their music and love for God is so contagious...you just have to stand up, clap your hands and sing...even when you have no idea what they are saying (b/c it is in the Kirundi language)! :)
Estella has always wanted to learn to sew her own clothes with a machine..I cant tell you how excited she was! And hopefully she can join our next Vickery Threads class! So she can learn more and earn her own sewing machine! :)
Briana taught me to make these gorgeous necklaces, by re-purposing / up-cycling old t-shirts. It is the easiest craft I have ever done! I made 7, in 2 hours.
I am thinking, this could be another great piece for our ladies to make and sell at market! ;) :)
While Briana taught sewing, I taught the t-shirt necklaces..can you tell we had fun?!!!?
While my cousin was here, we were able to attend a 2 day Community Development (Neighborhood Transformation) training. This was a follow-up from the awesome training I got in Arizona in January.
Kyle Jenkins is in the above photo...this was a very "interactive" training as you can see! :)
The facilitator was illustrating some common mistakes we can make when trying to help people...trying to carry the people across the river (and creating dependency in them and burn out in us), instead of walking alongside, combining our knowledge and reasources to empower them to cross on their own.
Here are some more great illustrations to learn from:
River Crossing 1 - "Half Way"
River Crossing 2 - "Super Foreigner"
River Crossing 3 - "Two Feel Good"
River Crossing 4 - "Together"
River Crossing 5 - "Full Circle"
The training was really incredible! We had amazing discussions and discovered the answers together as a group! We are learning how to utilize people's individual assets and the community's resources to empower people and transform lives and neighborhoods!
(With Jesus' Transforming LOVE and POWER tied into everything!)
Buddhi and Dal Rai have their OWN booth at the White Rock Local Market now!
WOW HOO! THIS IS A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!!!!!!
See the website for schedule and location:
Please pray with me...
If things go according to plan, we should have a second booth hosted and owned by 5 other gardeners next Saturday. They are doing a great job of stepping up and wanting to be self-sufficient.
Please pray their english speaking family members (mostly the high school kids, who don't work) will see this as an opportunity to practice their english and come help at market.
Here is the community garden on harvest day, Friday afternoon, preparing for market Saturday.
I can hardly keep up with all the great veggies the gardeners share with me! It is a great problem to have! :) This is all organic, fresh and local...you can do any better than that!
BEFORE
AFTER
I am still growing my business as a Professional Organizer!
Being able to model entrepreneurship in my community is transformational! I get to model how to discover and utilize your God-given gifts to bring in extra income!!!!!!
I am learning a lot to share with others as I make plenty of mistakes at the same time. :)
The above pictures are from part of an office I did last month.
Check out more pictures on my website: www.dfwprofessionalorganizers.com
"Like" me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DFWProfessionalOrganizers
Get linked to me on LinkedIn: mkw304@yahoo.com
Keep those referrals coming!


No comments:
Post a Comment