The last "Around the World with Michelle and Friends" post was so fun, I thought I would share my pictures with you again along with a few stories...
BABY FRANK...
He is my neighbor and was born premature weighing only 2 pounds. He just came home after being in the hospital for 6 months, weighing he is 7 pounds. Thank YOU God! His parents, Stella and Francois, came to the states as refugees from BURUNDI a few years ago. Francois was working in the same job for 3 years (very loyal and hard worker) but was recently injured and let go, so now he is NEEDING work... PLEASE PRAY: for the continued health for baby Frank; a job for Francois and wisdom for Stella as she learns to care for her baby at home.
FOUTH OF JULY CELEBRATION at my house...
What fun it was to bring my family together with my international friends for a traditional American holiday! We enjoyed foods from around the world and good ole' fried chicken from the U. S. of A. Then my friend Yirgalem, performed the famous coffee ceremony. And to finish it off, we all had fun dressing up and using props to take pictures in front of the American flag back drop. What a HIT!
BABY SUBEIT...
Maryam's baby Subeit was born June 24th, he is healthy and doing well. PLEASE PRAY for Maryam, learning to take care of a baby and a household in the American culture is so different from her home. In Africa, everyone lives close and takes care of eahother's babies and shares food, chores, etc. PRAY that God will give me ideas and wisdom to help her... I am working on learning how to cook some of her food, so I can help a little.
ETHIOPIAN WEDDING...
A few weeks ago, I was so honored to be invited to an ETHIOPIAN wedding. Well, it was pretty Americanized but the food and music was traditional and we had a great time! There was a lot of clapping! :) The traditional food at a fancy event is RAW beef, yes, completely RAW...I think it is illegal in the US to serve raw beef but oh well, I didn't tell on them. :)
Another COFFEE CEREMONY...
The next weekend, Mama Fry, from ERITREA invited us to her home for a wonderful meal and the traditional Coffee Ceremony....she even let me roast the coffee beans and pour the coffee! :) So fun!
BABY CALEB...
Caleb Jenkins was born Monday, August 1st.
Melissa and Kyle Jenkins are some of my very best friends and the founders of the ministry and I was honored to be there the day Caleb was welcomed in the world.
Unfortunately, Melissa chose her husband to be in the delivery room instead of me. :( Ha ha!
Please pray for them as they learn to be a family of 5 and all the changes and challenges.
RAMADAN - FASTING all of August
(no food OR WATER during day light hours)
Ramadan is the most important time of year for my Muslim friends, this is the time of year when they pray and EXPECT revelation and breakthrough from God.
1 Corinthians 9: 19-23
19 Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ. 20 When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under that law. Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law. 21 When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law,[d] I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ.
22 When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. 23 I do everything to spread the Good News and share in its blessings.
After talking it over with God, I have decided to fast with my dear friends, this month.
It has been a challenge (especially the water) but God is getting me through day by day.
The best part about fasting is BREAKING the fast. Each night I have been inviting people into my home, or going to their home to break the fast together. It has been such a special time of bonding and relating to each other that I will always treasure.
And I am learning to make their food and FYI Iraqi food is the BEST!








No comments:
Post a Comment