Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I used to get stressed about money...

Since I was a young girl, I remember always being afraid of money. Because of fear, money became something that I controlled and it caused a lot of stress for me. Over the past several years of getting to know the character of God, I learned to trust Him in many areas, but I never really wanted to trust Him (give up control) with money, but He had other plans…

I can only imagine with the state of the economy and so many people being laid off, that many of you may be able to relate to my fear of money. So I hope this will be encouraging to you…

As you all know, in August of 2008, I left the corporate world and went into full-time ministry, which required, living-on-support. And you would think, with my fear of money, I would FREAK OUT or something like that. So I am happy to report that, I did not, in fact, freak out…I actually have not worried about money since the day I quit my job….ha ha ha, how ironic is that!?! And I have found total FREEDOM and PEACE when it comes to money!

It is crazy for me to think back and remember how afraid I used to be of money. Trusting in God to provide for me financially, actually gave me the opportunity to LET Him provide for me…and HE DID! When I was so dependent on myself, I was not able to see how He could and would take care of me. Now that I have let go of the control and completely trust Him, I am blown away by His love, and eagerness to provide for me!

My PRAYER in this season…
Dear Lord, Reveal yourself as the Great Provider to my friends and family TODAY. May everyone who is reading this feel Your love, peace and security by trusting in You! Comfort them, wherever they are. May the holidays be overflowing with love and heart-warming times with their favorite loved ones. In Jesus’ Name I pray, AMEN

MY CURRENT FINANCIAL NEEDS:
I am excited to give you an update and let you know where I am financially today…

Almost half of my support in 2009 came from one-time donations, and those donations are running out, so it is time for me to increase my monthly supporters and gain more one-time donations for 2010…and I can’t wait to experience God providing again!

To be specific, I use $2,691.00 per month to pay my salary and taxes. Currently, I have $1,600.00 in committed monthly supporters. Therefore, I need to raise another $1,091.00 per month.
If you would like to financially support me as a monthly supporter or through a one-time donation, please email me at mkw304@yahoo.com.


THANK YOU for all of the LOVE and support!

1 comment:

Christi said...

amen girl! love it!! : )